Dr Fisher Shares Best High Protein Weight Loss Foods
Protein makes up the basic building blocks of our muscles, organs, muscles, skin, and pretty much everything else that matters in your body. It’s important to eat high-quality protein at every meal, no matter if you’re on a weight loss program or maintaining a healthy weight.
Many studies have shown that this improves health in various ways, such as helping you lose weight while increasing muscle mass and strength. Diets high in protein also help to lower blood pressure and fight diabetes. The recommended daily intake (RDI) for protein is approximately 7-8 grams per 20 lbs of body weight.
It may not be easy finding high-quality great-tasting food that is high in protein, so here is a list to get you started. Next time you’re out at the grocery store, pick up a few of them for your next delicious meal as part of your journey to reduce fat. As part of Dr. Fisher’s Medical Weight Loss Program, we’ll recommend certain foods that will help you reach your health goals.
Foods for Your Weight Loss Diet
There is a huge selection of healthy, inexpensive and nutritious foods available at your local grocery store. By making a few good choices, your body will thank you over time.
- Eggs: Whole eggs are among the healthiest and most nutritious foods on the planet. They are loaded with vitamins, minerals and healthy fats. Whole eggs are high in protein, while egg whites are almost pure protein.
- Almonds: Almonds are a popular type of tree nut and loaded with important nutrients, including fiber, vitamin E and magnesium. Pistachios and cashews are also nuts that are high in protein.
- Chicken and Turkey Breast: Chicken and turkey breast are some of the most popular protein-rich foods. Eaten without the skin, most of the calories come from protein. 1 large roasted chicken breast without skin contains about 50 grams of protein. A 3 oz serving of turkey breast without the skin contains 24 grams of protein.
- Fish: Fish is incredibly healthy, because it is loaded with important nutrients, and tends to be very high in heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. Shrimp also falls into a similar category as fish.
- Tuna: Tuna is very popular, and is low in both fat and calories. It’s also very high in various nutrients and contains a good amount of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is a very healthy vegetable, loaded with vitamin C, vitamin K, fiber and potassium. It’s high in various bioactive nutrients believed to help protect against cancer. It has one of the highest amounts of protein compared to most vegetables.
- Oats: Loaded with healthy fibers, magnesium, manganese, thiamin (vitamin B1) and several other nutrients, oats are among the healthiest grains on the planet.
In summary, these protein-rich foods are an excellent choice for everyone, even if you don’t need to lose weight.
If you’re in the greater Philly area and want to lose a few inches, but perhaps have struggled to get to your desired weight, give our friendly staff a call and come in for a weight loss consultation. By following Dr. Fisher’s Medical Weight Loss Program, we’ve helped hundreds and hundreds of your neighbors lose weight and reduce body fat. Our program not only includes diet programs, but also FDA approved appetite suppressants, HCG oral and injections, and food supplements.
About Dr. Fisher’s Medical Weight Loss & Aesthetics Centers
Our medical providers are the heart of our clinic. They take the time to hear your concerns and treat you as a person — not a diagnosis. Our physicians have diverse backgrounds/specialties and are dedicated to providing the most up-to-date, high-quality medicine you’ll find anywhere. Take a moment to learn more about our medical team. To schedule a Free Consultation at one of our 4 weight loss centers, give us a call or use our online scheduler. At Dr. Fisher’s Medical Weight Loss & Aesthetic Centers, Philadelphia’s leading center for losing weight and looking great, we understand the frustrations associated with failed attempts to shed those unwanted pounds and offer a safe, medical solution that is proven to work!
- Dr. Fisher’s Weight Loss Centers Locations: Feasterville, South Philly, North Philly, and City Line Ave
- Dr. Jon Fisher’s Aesthetic Centers in Philadelphia, near the Main Line and Bucks County, employ licensed skin care specialists who’ve made a career helping people find the very best anti-aging solutions.